Application for Permit in conjunction withSites Protected under National Legislation
ID Card No
Building Entry Point Name
Form Nature 1.1
Environment and Resources AuthorityEnvironmental Permitting UnitHexagon House, Spencer Hill,Marsa. MRS 1441
National Legislation refers to the Environmental Protection Act (Act I of 2016) and all relevant subsidiary regulations namely: the Flora, Fauna and Natural Habitats Protection Regulations, 2006 (LN 311 of 2006, as amended), Filfla Nature Reserve Act, 1988 (Act XV of 1988), Fungus Rock (Il-Ġebla tal-Ġeneral) Nature Reserve Regulations, 1992 (LN 22 of 1992) and Selmunett Islands (St Paul's Islands) Nature Reserve Regulation, 1993 (LN 25 of 1993).
The requested information must be completed in full. Failure to provide adequate information will delay processing of the application.
For Office use only
Reference Number (NP)
1. Personal details of applicant or contact person
2. Details of company or institution on behalf of which the application is being made (where applicable)
Registered Company Name
Company Reg Number
3. Project Description and Location
3.1 Type of Activity
3.2 Name of Protected Site/s (Provide site plan of activity area as Attachment 1)
3.3 Project Description: The following data is to be provided on additional sheets as Attachment 2. Each additional sheet has to be signed by the applicant:
1. Aim of Project;2. Justification for project. What is the value of the project in scientific and educational terms?;3. Brief project outline;4. Starting date and estimated duration of project including dates[s] and time[s]. When is/are the handling/collection planned? If possible, provide month[s] and date[s];5. The site/geographic area of the activity. (The area[s] should be clearly indicated on an official site plan (Attachment 1)). In the case of access from privately owned land, permission will need to be sought from the owner/s. Please specify whether this has been obtained and attach copy of permission;6. How many persons are involved per visit?;7. How will be the site be accessed? Provide details of the motor vehicles to be used [e.g. dinghy, car, helicopter, etc.] and how you will reach other parts of the area [e.g. abseiling, walking, diving, etc.];8. Description of the method to be used for the project;(Description should also include mode of capture, handling, transport and/or keeping, if applicable. The number of specimens to be collected, clearly justifying the taking, should also be included, even if estimates. In case of sampling from dead specimens, please indicate what sampling tissues or organs are needed for such scientific studied and the number of samples. Please note that in the case that samples are sent abroad, full justification, a detailed route and the addressee should be provided. If covered by CITES, another permit might be required.)9. Safety equipment available, in case of emergency;10. Any additional information deemed necessary;Please indicate whether any of the above information should be kept confidential, providing a justification.
4. Additional Information
4.1 Indicate whether the application corresponds to any of the following criteria (tick as appropriate):
4.2 List all relevant development (planning) permits (PA, DNO, NP, Activity Permits, TM permit, etc) and any pending development applications on site quoting permit/application number. Provide copies of permits.
Permit type and number
Status (pending, approved, refused)
5. Site Ownership Declaration
I, the applicant, verify that (tick one only);
Titles of supplementary forms and documentation to be submitted. (Tick when provided)
Insert further documents as applicable
NB: The permit application shall not be validated until such time that the above attachments (1-5, as applicable) are submitted to the authority. The Authority may request any additional information it deems necessary to further process the application.
I apply for the nature permit as indicated above, and declare that, to the best of my knowledge, all the information contained in this application and on the submitted supplementary forms and documentation is complete and correct. I also understand that any incomplete, fraudulent or misleading information will annul the application or permit, and may also incur any relevant penalties. I also declare that I have read the data protection clause below:
on behalf of/in my own name
Stamp of company/institution
Please read the following before signing - Data Protection Clause
In terms of the Data Protection Act (Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta), we will process any personal and/ or sensitive data supplied on/ in this application, request or notification form or subsequently supplied by yourself, whether orally or in writing, for all or any of the following:1. The proper processing of your application, request and/or notice as submitted; 2. Verification of the information provided to our officers; 3. Preventing, detecting and/or prosecuting fraud and any other criminal activity which the Authority is bound to report and/or act upon whilst meeting any other specific legal or regulatory obligations;4. Establishing, exercising or defending any legal action;5. Internal management, research and statistics, systems administration, the development and improvement of our services;6. The protection and promotion of our legitimate interests and the proper conduct of our obligations arising under any law or statutory instrument; and7. To make public the necessary information as specified in the relevant law and/or instrument.Relevant data will be disclosed or shared as appropriate with all our employees and with other third parties if pertinent to any of the purposes listed above.Every field on the form is mandatory. Should you fail to fill in any mandatory field, we reserve the right to refuse the application. Should any field be inapplicable to your particular circumstances please mark that field with the letters “N/A”.You have the right to require that we provide you with access to your personal data as well as the right to rectify, or, in appropriate circumstances, erase/edit any inaccurate, incomplete or immaterial personal data which is being processed. However, you are required to inform us immediately of any alterations relating to your personal data which we are processing.By signing this form, you confirm that you are giving your explicit consent, in terms of the Data Protection Act, on behalf of yourself and all the other persons specified in this form for the Authority to process your respective personal information as outlined above and you confirm that you have brought this Data Protection notice to the attention of these other persons and obtained their respective consents.We undertake to implement appropriate measures and safeguards for the purpose of protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all data processed.