Renewal Form as a Producer ofPackaging or Packaging Material
ID Card No
Building Entry Point Name
Please ensure that you have understood your obligations as a producer of packaging or packaging material emanating from S.L. 549.43 - the Waste Management (Packaging and Packaging Waste) Regulations.
Your application shall be accompanied by:
- A payment of € 35 made payable to Environment & Resources Authority (ERA) until 31st March. As of 1st April late renewals are accepted at an additional fee of € 70 per month or part thereof;- An Audit Report compiled by an independent auditor, approved by ERA, and in accordance to the terms of reference issued by ERA, to certify that all the information reported is in conformity with the obligations of S.L. 549.43, if not a member of a Packaging Waste Recovery Scheme. List of eligible auditors and ToRs for audit are available on ERA's Website: https://era.org.mt/en/Pages/Packaging-Waste.aspx;- A signed declaration from an authorised waste management undertaking/establishment as an evidence for collection and final recycling/recovery of packaging waste, if not a member of Packaging Waste Recovery Scheme;- A statement of compliance according to the requirements of Schedule 12 of S.L. 549.43;
- An appropriate description of how the data has been compiled, including any explanation of any estimates used.
Should you require assistance in completing your registration form please contact us on
Phone: 2292 3500
1. Details of Applicant
Producer Registration Number
Full Name of Company / Producer (as appearing in the public register)
Company Registration Number
N.B. Producers who opt to self-comply for all packaging remaining at their back-end store but participate in an authorised Packaging Waste Recovery Scheme for consumer packaging, are obliged to keep separate records for back-end store packaging and consumer packaging put on the market, and thus report information in Sections 3 & 4 separately.
2. Producer Responsibility (Please tick where applicable)
(Producers who put consumer packaging on the national market are obliged to join an authorised Packaging Waste Recovery Scheme. Otherwise, producers can opt to be self-compliant for all packaging remaining at the back-end store.)
Do you put back-end store packaging on the national market?
If Yes, have you opted to self-comply for all packaging remaining at the back-end store?
If No, please provide;
Name of the Packaging Waste Recovery Scheme
Scheme's membership number
Do you put consumer packaging on the national market?
If Yes, please provide:
N.B. Packaging Waste Recovery Scheme(s) submitting the registration form on behalf of their members shall provide all the information requested in Section 3 of this form for each member.
3. Packaging or Packaging Material put on the national market (Please indicate quantity of packaging or packaging material put on the market in 2017)
Paper & Cardboard
Do you put plastic carrier bags on the national market?
If Yes, please indicate the quantity of plastic carrier bags put on the market in 2017, by weight and by thickness:
Other plastic carrier bags
Lightweight plastic carrier bags (i.e. plastic carrier bags with a wall thickness below 50 microns)
Very lightweight plastic carrier bags (i.e. plastic carrier bags with a wall thickness below 15 microns and used for hygiene purposes or as primary packaging for loose food)
4. Reuse, Preparation for Reuse, Recycling & Recovery (Please indicate quantity of packaging reused & packaging waste recycled or recovered in 2017)
Total Material Recycled (kg)[Column 1]
Energy Recovery(kg)[Column 2]
Other forms of Recovery(kg)[Column 3]
Incineration with energy recovery(kg)[Column 4]
Total Material Recovered(kg)[Column 5 = Columns 1+2+3+4]
Packaging Reused*(kg)[Column 6]
* For further guidance kindly refer to "Quick Guide for Producers on how to report reusable packaging or packaging material", available on: https://era.org.mt/en/Pages/Packaging-Waste.aspx
If not a member of a Packaging Waste Recovery Scheme, please submit the following documentation:
- A signed declaration from an authorised waste management undertaking / establishment as an evidence for collection and final recycling/recovery of packaging waste;- An audit report compiled by an independent auditor approved by ERA;- A statement of compliance according to the requirements of Schedule 12 of S.L. 549.43
5. Authorised Waste Management Undertaking / Establishment(Please list all undertaking / establishments carrying out the waste management operation)
List of Authorised Waste Management Undertakings and, or Establishments
By signing this form, you confirm that you are giving your explicit consent, in terms of the Data protection Act, on behalf of yourself and all the other persons specified in this form for the Authority to process your respective personal information.
It is an offence if you deliberately give false or misleading information. You may be liable to prosecution. The application must be signed and submitted to the Authority by an Authorised Signatory.
I declare that the information in this application and data form is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I understand that registration may be refused if I give false or incomplete information.
I agree to inform you of any changes to the information given, in writing and duly signed within one month after the change.
I agree to apply for deregistration upon ceasing to put packaging or packaging material on the market.
Name & Surname
Signature of Applicant
Complete forms are to be handed in or sent by post to:
Environment & Resources Authority,Hexagon House,Spencer Hill,Marsa MRS 1441
For Office use Only
Data Protection Act, 2001
The Environment & Resources Authority will process any personal and/or sensitive data supplied in this application for all or any of the following:
1. Preventing, detecting and/or prosecuting fraud and any other criminal activity which the Authority is bound to report and/or act upon whilst meeting any other specific legal or regulatory obligations;
2. Establishing, exercising or defending any legal action;
3. Internal management, research and statistics, systems administration, the development and improvement of our services;
4. The protection and promotion of our legitimate interests and the proper conduct of our obligations arising under any law or statutory instrument; and
5. To make public the necessary information as specified in the relevant law and/or instrument. Relevant data will be disclosed or shared as appropriate with all our employees and with other third parties if pertinent to any of the purposes listed above.