Application form for a Maritime Coast Radio Station Licence
(shore-to-ship communications) (MCA/F/11-0573)
1. With regard to radiocommunications equipment, the Electronic Communications (Regulation) Act (Chapter 399 of the Laws of Malta) provides that an individual licence is required only for the installation or use of equipment, unless the said equipment is licence exempt or is regulated by a general authorisation. Non compliance with this requirement is a breach of the said Act.
2. The radiocommunications licence issued under the said Act does not authorise the provision of electronic communications services / networks.
3. The radio frequency spectrum to be assigned by this application is regulated by the Electronic Communications (Regulation) Act (Cap. 399).
4. The licence charges for radiocommunications apparatus comprising of a maritime coast radio station are set out in paragraph 5(e) of the Fees leviable by Government Departments Regulations (S.L.35.01). Please refer to Annex 1 for further information.
5. Radiocommunications apparatus falling within the scope of the Radio Equipment Regulations (S.L.427.41) shall comply with the relevant provisions of these regulations.
6. Any proposed or necessary changes to be effected to the system described in this application must be notified to the MCA with immediate effect.
7. Completed forms must be sent to the MCA. Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicant. Forms and any additional documents must be sent either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address indicated in this form.
8. The MCA recommends that completed forms must be received by the MCA at least ten (10) working days prior to the date when the radiocommunications licence is required. The MCA endeavours to issue radiocommunications licences within seven (7) working days from the receipt of the correctly completed form and payment of the applicable fees. The MCA shall not be held liable in any way if a radiocommunications licence is issued after the aforesaid seven (7)-day period. To facilitate the process the MCA recommends that invoices are settled through its online payment system available at www.mca.org.mt
For further information, you are kindly requested to contact:
Malta Communications Authority,
Valletta Waterfront, Pinto Wharf, Floriana FRN 1913
Tel: (+356) 21 336 840 Fax: (+356) 21 336 840
Email: email@example.com Website: www.mca.org.mt